AS Level English complete content and assessment objectives
• Measure for Measure
• Richard III
• The Tempest
• Twelfth Night
• Geoffrey Chaucer: The Merchant’s Prologue and Tale
• John Milton: Paradise Lost Books 9 & 10
• Samuel Taylor Coleridge: Selected Poems
• Alfred Lord Tennyson: Maud
• Christina Rossetti: Selected Poems
• Noel Coward: Private Lives
• Tennessee Williams: A Streetcar Named Desire
• Harold Pinter: The Homecoming
• Alan Bennett:The History Boys
• Polly Stenham: That Face
• Jez Butterworth: Jerusalem
• F Scott Fitzgerald: The Great Gatsby
• Angela Carter: The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories
• George Orwell: Nineteen Eighty-Four
• Virginia Woolf: Mrs Dalloway
• Mohsin Hamid: The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- AO1 Articulate informed, personal andcreative responses to literary texts, using associated concepts and terminology, andcoherent, accurate written expression.
- AO2 Analyse ways in which meanings are shaped in literary texts.
- AO3 Demonstrate understanding of the significance and influence of the contexts in which literary texts are written and received.
- AO4 Explore connections across literary texts.
- AO5 Explore literary texts informed by different interpretations.