2000-2003 Sydney Grammar School, Sydney, Australia
2004-2005 Zurich International School, Zurich, Switzerland
2005-2008 Summerfields School, Oxford, UK
2008-2013 Eton College, Windsor, UK
2014-2017 University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
GCSE: 7A*s 3As
AS Level: English A, Ancient History A, Theology A, Latin A
A Level: English A, Ancient History A, Theology A*
BA: Ancient History – 1st Class Honours
For two years I ran a proofreading service at University, helping my peers with essay structure and technique. I worked with students from a range of subjects including Biology, Psychology, Anthropology, Geography and History of Art.
- A 10 year old in Wandsworth needing help with Maths, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning for his 10+ entrance exams for Whitgift and King’s Wimbledon. (September 2017 – January 2018)
- A 10 year old in Whitechapel needing help with English comprehension and creative writing skills in preparation for his 11+ entrance exams for Latymer Upper, King’s Wimbledon, City of London School and Tiffin School. (September 2017 – January 2018)
- A 17 year old History and Government and Politics student needing help with essay structure and technique in preparation for her A2 exams. (September – January 2017)
- A 9 year old needing help with basic and advanced Maths in preparation for the ISEE entrance exam to the American School (September – December 2017)
- A 10 year old in Herne Hill in need of help with Maths, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning for his 11+ entrance exams (February 2018 – September 2018)
- A 10 year old in Chelsea in need of help with English writing and reading skills, as well as Maths and verbal and non-verbal reasoning. (January 2018 – January 2019)
- A 10 year old in Russell Square in need of help with English and Maths in preparation for his 11+ and beyond. (January 2018-Present)
I recently graduated from Bristol University and have begun working in TV production. I have always loved TV and film of almost all types, but am particularly interested in factual content. I hope to one day make documentaries focused on environmental issues and conservation. I’m a passionate music fan, having run a music-based radio show in Bristol for two years and written the odd piece for a music magazine. I am also a lifelong football fanatic, despite having to live with a poor decision I made at a young age to support Arsenal.
Though I generally focus on students applying for secondary school, I have experience across a range of age groups, from 10+ all the way to undergraduate level. Regardless of the age of my students my focus is always on building confidence and core skills. I like to utilise games, quizzes and cultural reference points tailored to my students’ interests to make the tutorials (and what’s learnt in them) memorable and engaging. Effective feedback and dialogue between myself, the parent and the tutee is also vital to my approach.